Sunday 26 February 2012

Cushion Making

For Christmas I received a voucher to take a course in a local place called "Make Place" in Norwich where I live. It offers a range of different courses from making peg bags to cushions and crochet, they are quite well priced and all materials are included so you exit with a finished object to proudly show off. 
I selected to do an intermediate cushion making course and arrived on the day bright eyed and bushy tailed for the day's activities. 
I learnt lots of new things like how to use an overlocker and the sew machines were very hi-tec. I also learnt how to make buttonholes on the machine which I have never done before. I was under the impression that I was quite good at sewing so picked the course and I thought it would be at the right stage for me, but I can honestly say I was a bit lost by the whole thing, my stitching was wobbly and I was confused about how the pattern came together. Stupidly rather then asking important questions I kept quite and did as I was told. 
I did come out with a lovely object but don't think I would be able to make the same thing on my own  :(
YOU MUST NOT BE PUT OFF BY MY EXPERIENCE
I am sure if I had paid attention more and asked more questions I would feel more confident in doing the cushion again, but I have come out of it with a very nice object and the day was very enjoyable.  

No comments :

Post a Comment