Thursday 21 July 2011

Completed Crab

Yesterday I finally completed my crab who was named Colin by my bother-in law. I turned out a bit wonky but I think he is nice in his own special way.
I used a wool called Sirdar Crofter DK which is a sock wool which I don't think did him any favours but it did give him an interesting pattern on his tummy.  I think he can out a little bit strange because I had to adjust the pattern to create two large claws and make them large than the original pattern . He took so long because of all the legs that he needed and the was a lot of stitching up with pipe cleaners in each leg to make them stick out. Sadly the pipe cleaners were not quite strong enough to carry his full weight and I think I will invest in some stronger wire to put into my next creation. 
I love his eyes which I think make him look really great. 

I have submitted him to the purls by the sea exhibition  so lets all hope that he gets in! :)


1 comment :

  1. He's great! Well done on completing him. I really like the wool, it makes him look rather mottled and barnicley :)

    ReplyDelete