Monday 14 October 2013

Celebrations and recent knittings.


So the most observant of you will have noticed that I have to blogged since April! And I bet you thought I had given up blogging, but No I have not. It's just real life has been very busy, about the time that I last blogged I discovered that I was pregnant with my first baby!

I haven't really had a easy pregnancy, I had the terrible morning sickness and lost so much weight! I was very tired and then in the last month I went into early labour. But all is on track still and I am due in December! 

So you say I must be busy knitting lots of baby things, the answer is yes and no. 
I set out when I fell pregnant with such good intention but that has fallen by the way side. I picked out a pattern from Wacky baby Knits the book, The frog Suit! 
But I just don't like knitting garments I find it incredible boring just going backwards and forwards for cm after cm! So far after 7 months I have managed to knit the legs, front and back and half a sleeve! Not great progress!
Note- if you want to knit this pattern it's FREE you don't need to buy the book, which is good though! 

So I keep getting distracted by toy patterns so I shall tell you about my project for a friends little boy

Eddie the Friendly Elephant


Eddie is from Knitted Toy Tales by Laura Long but I got my pattern free in a pullout from Let Knit magazine April 2012. 
He was fantastic to knit and I loved him, I used a cotton DK that I found in the bargain bin at John Lewis. The pattern calls for Aran so I doubled up and work with two strands, which proved to bit of a problem as I ran out of yarn half way through and had to dash across the city, back to the Bargain bin. I used a fabric for the inner ears and the bottom of the feet as called for the pattern. 
I think this is a wonderful pattern and would recommend it to everyone, if you look on Ravelry you will find that everyone seems to come out with good results, which is the sign of a good pattern! 


No comments :

Post a Comment