Tuesday 23 October 2012

Superhero's all round!

After completing my Ninja Knitting project, I went feverishly into a phase of making superhero related items.
It start with my husband who noticed a pattern for a Superhero in Simply Knitting 92, Spring 2012 by Alan Dart. 
I loved the pattern and set about make him his very own Superman by adjusting all the colours to match the famous superhero. There are always lot's of pieces when creating an Alan Dart creation but it's always worth it in the end. He is my Superman:

So after that a friend asked me to create some Golf Club covers so inspired by my recent creation and set about creating my own justice league golf clubs. I had seen someone else who had created them but I did make these up myself.
I created Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I was very please with the way they turned out and so was my friend. 
Finally after seeing my Superman a work friend also asked me if I could make a Spiderman for her little boy. I said yes without thinking about it, but the project was quite epic and lasted a lot longer than I thought it would! I had to do intarsia knitting and adjust again this time the shape of the head, but I completed last week!
 Front
Back


No comments :

Post a Comment