Wednesday 14 September 2011

Nemo Clown Fish

I am sorry I haven't been blogging more recently but I have been busy knitting away, and haven't forgot about you all waiting for me in blog land.

I have completed my second handmade pattern which I have added to the pattern section here and is available PDF from Ravelry
My friend had requested a Clown Fish sometime ago and I decided to knit him one for Christmas. But at the time I couldn't find a pattern , and when I did you had to pay for it. So after my success with the prawn I took on the challenge of making my own.  It is by far the biggest and most complicated thing that I have made and only my second thing.  Yet again it was a sea creature I seem to be becoming a bit obsessed!
It can be quite tricky to find a good orange coloured wool so l found DK life by Stylecraft it was a bit thin to use but knitting little creatures is quite forgiving as you don’t really need a gauge. I used safety eyes size 12mm which I found in Hobbycraft and a little bit of black yarn to put the mouth on. 
I am very pleased with the way he turned out and hope other people will be able to use the pattern I made to knit their own Finding Nemo.  


No comments :

Post a Comment