Saturday 20 August 2011

First Home made pattern!

I recently attended the opening night of the Purls By the Sea exhibition at the Belfry Arts Centre, there was some fantastic work by some very talented artists. I was very fond of the work by Joanna Jack who sea creatures were beautiful, we had a long chat and she explained how she designs her creations and how the a completely knitted in the one piece!
My Dad was very taken by a small broach in the shape of a prawn by designer Angela Knipe and I was inspired to make one for him.

The only problem was that I couldn't find a pattern and so I decided to make my own from scratch which is the first time I have ever done anything like this before. 
I knitted a small tube in the round and slowly decreased very slowly into an I-Cord and then expanded it into a tail. I added french knots for eyes and threaded wool through the underside and the split it up to create the fringe of legs . Finally soaked a piece of wool in hair spray and threaded it on top of the head.and left to dry to make whiskers.

I am going to add the pattern to the blog, but I love him and so proud of managing to make my own item. 

No comments :

Post a Comment